It consists of reduce the volume of the breast, remodelation of the breast and place the nipple-areola in a youthful position This involves the removal of the excess of skin and fatty-glandular tissue, so it implies scars. In some cases you can get a reduction of volume with liposuction.
Lenght of Results
Depends on the age, pregnancy, loss and gain of weight, quality of skin, etc., but it is generally maintained for years.
From 2 to 5 hours.
24 hours. In exceptional cases, no hospitalization.
- After surgery you will have to wear the bra day and night for at least 1 month.
- Removal of the stitches between 7-10 days.
- During recovery, you have to avoid strong movements, lifting or raising the arms above the shoulders. Avoid exercise during 1-2 months.
10 days to 2 weeks. Scars are becoming less visible in months or a year. Some of them require retouches.
- Arrival in clinic
Consultation with the plastic surgeon:
- Diagnostic confirmation and indication for surgery (30 min.)
- Analytical crossmatch blood and blood products subject
- Chest X-ray and EKG
- Diagnosis anesthetist
- Approximate time 2 hours
- Overnight at hotel
- Join clinical throughout the morning and fasting for 8 hours prior to the scheduled surgery.
- Top intervention at 9.00 h.
- Placing a strip
- Join ground in a single room with bed for companion
- Withdrawal of drains and placing bra
- Discharge after the surgeon's assessment
- Transfer to hotel
- Visit the clinic for performing a cure by the specialist
Day 5 a 8
- The patient stays in the hotel and home, can make all the activities recommended by the doctor
- Removal of stitches
- Withdrawal of drains
- High final patient
Día 5 a 8
- La paciente permanecerá en el hotel y domicilio, pudiendo realizar todas las actividades recomendadas por el médico
- Retirada de puntos
- Alta definitiva del paciente
Frequently Asked Questions
What kind of anesthesia is used?
General anesthesia is used.
Is it painful?
It has a comfortable and slightly painful postoperative allowing to get an active life in few days. 24 hours after surgery, we put a sport bra that it used as bandage.
What are the risks?
It is described a decreased sensation (hypoesthesia) of the nipple-areola and other skin areas, as well as increases in sensitivity (hyperesthesia) or irregular sensation (dysesthesia) that they are usually temporary and they will disappear between 3 and 6 months.
There may be cases in which the capacity of feeding is decreased or even abolished.
Although it is normal to heal properly, there may be a delay in wound healing. It is rare the presence of skin necrosis.
How long is the hospitalization?
It is usually discharged the day after surgery.
What precautions should I take?
Before surgery, it is important that the patient stops smoking at least two weeks before surgery; and suspends any medication that it could interfere with the surgery, as aspirin because it can cause bleeding. In case of diseases such as diabetes or hypertension they should be controlled at the time of the intervention. After the intervention you will wear a sports bra and we recommend silicone strips on scars, as a preventive treatment.
How long will the final results be seen?
The reduction of volume and the highest position of the nipples can be seen from the first moment after the intervention. But the volume and the final shape of the breast does not appear until two or three months after surgery.
Are scars very visible?
The resulting scars are usually in the form of "anchor" and they are less visible over time. In some cases it will require a correction.