It involves the removal of fat deposits LOCATED with very fine cannulas. The most common areas are knees, thighs, hips, abdomen and chin. It usually used the tumescent technique, a saline infusion with local anesthesia.
The GOAL is to help you to look as great as possible; however, you should keep in mind that results can be predicted better in some patients than in others.
This is determined by factors such as the general state of the body, and elasticity of the skin, cellulite, heredity, hormonal influences and other factors.
Length of Results
Permanent. Retouches are required in some cases, in a 2nd time for regularization or refinements of small irregularities. It is important to keep regular activity, balanced diet and avoid sedentary lifestyle.
Surgical time: 1-2 or more hours, depending on the treated area.
Anesthesia: Local, epidural or general depending on the extent of the treatment area, age, features of each patient.
Hospitalization: Outpatient or 24 hours depending on the volume of what it is extracted.
You will have to wear a containment girdle for 1-2 months. "Bruises" will appear and then they will gradually disappear. Removal of stitches in 7 days. After a week, normal life. Final Result 6 months until the complete regression of the edema.
- Arrival in clinic
Consultation with the plastic surgeon:
- Diagnostic confirmation and indication for surgery (30 min.)
- Analytical crossmatch blood and blood products subject
- Chest X-ray and EKG
- Diagnosis anesthetist
- Approximate time 2 hours
- Overnight at hotel
- Join clinical throughout the morning and fasting for 8 hours prior to the scheduled surgery.
- Top intervention at 9.00 h.
- Exits operating room with sash containment
- Join ground in a single room with bed for companion
- Discharge after the surgeon's assessment
- Transfer to hotel
- Visit the clinic for performing a cure by the specialist
Day 5 a 8
- The patient stays in the hotel and home, can make all the activities recommended by the doctor
- Removal of stitches
- Alta final patient
Protocol of action
7-10 days preoperatively
Communication via internet for 1st visit: accurate diagnosis, indication of the technique. 1 day before the procedure:
- Performing preoperative: Analytical, ECG and Chest Rx.
- Interview with anesthesiologist.
Day of surgery:
- Hospitalization at 8.30 (fasting)
- Time of intervention: About 9.30 pm
- Out of surgery with compressive bandage.
- Usually one day of hospitalization. If they are large or many areas, 2 days.
1st day PO
- Removal of drains and we put the bra
4th day PO
- Local Cure
7th day PO
- Removal of stitches
- You need to wear the compressive bandage in a mimum period of 2 months.
These are general indications. If some more postoperative cures are needed then we will evaluated the situation.
Frequently asked questions
What type of anesthesia is the most recommended?
If the areas to be treated and the amount of fat to be extracted is not large, it may be done under local anesthesia and sedation. In some cases you can use epidural anesthesia during childbirth. If liposuction is done in large areas the use of general anesthesia is preferable.
Is it painful?
After liposuction surgery you may notice a burning sensation or soreness in the treated areas that it will be reduced with usual analgesics.
How long is the procedure?
From minutes to hours depending on the treated areas and the fat that it has been extracted.
What are the risks?
Although serious complications are rare, infection and excessive loss of fluid it can provokes a serious situation. There may be transient alterations in the cutaneous sensitivity of the treated areas; and, changes in pigmentation of the skin that it may be permanent if there is sun exposition.
How long is the hospitalization?
When small volumes of fat are removed, liposuction is done on an outpatient basis. Other times it must need one day of hospitalization.
How many days are needed to return to a normal life?
You should start walking as soon as possible. You can return to work within two to three days after surgery and the stitches will be removed between five and seven days after surgery.
What precautions should I take?
You should keep the compressive bandage for 2-4 weeks after surgery. It is advisable to adopt healthy habits such as diet and exercise.
How long will the final results be seen?
The result will depend on the amount of extracted fat and skin retraction after liposuction; so, although the improvement is visible from the beginning, the final result may not be evaluated until three months after surgery.