Treatment to correct protruding ears, big ears and other disorders of the ear. Aiming to give a natural form restoring the central fold of the ear and the position of the ear closer to the plane of the occipital region. It can be done after 6-7 years of age.
Duration of Results
Permanent (occasionally it can be necessary to do some touching-up after a few months, especially if complications appear).
Surgical time: from 1 to 2 hours.
Anaesthesia: local (and / or sedation) for adults. General for children.
Hospitalisation: adults: ambulatory without hospitalisation. Children: at most, 1 day.
Postoperative Care: bandage around the head with a special band for 7-15 days. Removal of the stitches from 7 to 10 days (the scar is behind the ear). Advisable to wear a headband (headband, plush) for 4 weeks. Back to work activity within approx. 2 weeks. Sport activity can recommence after 1 month.
- Arrival in clinic.
- Consultation with the plastic surgeon: Diagnostic confirmation and indication for surgery (30 min.).
- Preoperative test: blood test, X-ray and EKG.
- Consultation with Anaesthesiologist.
- Back to hotel.
- Admission to the clinic in the morning and nothing to eat for six hours before admission time. No other drinks or foodstuffs to be taken.
- Surgery approx. 9.00 h.
- Stay in the clinic in a single room with a bed for a companion.
- Removal of nasal packing.
- Discharge from hospital after the surgeon's assessment.
- Transfer to hotel.
• Visit the clinic for wound care and drains removal.
Day 5 to 8
- The patient stays at the hotel and can do all the activities recommended by the doctor.
- Removal of stitches.
- Ready to go/fly back home.